Thread: US Timeline Snowpiercer
View Single Post
Old 24-05-2020, 14:01   #4
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Snowpiercer

well, I love being pleasantly surprised. I hated the film and I wasn't even going to bother watching this but I thought I would give it a go just so I could moan about it
I might have mentioned it before but the thing which did my nut it in big time with the film is that I couldn't wrap my head around how the world they allegedly live in works and it killed my realism factor. Each car has a purpose and a function and if you want to have sauna cars, swimming cars, sleeping cars etc you are not telling me that squads of soldiers walk they way back and forth through those cars as and when they are needed and likewise the food or anything other services are constantly passing through those cars?
When the episode started with the exposition and said there were 1001 cars I could feel pressure rising. How the pluck does that work? It would take two days just to get from one end of the other. I was very happy to see how they sort of explained how that can work. The carriages aren't the typical ones we have over here are more like the trans continental ones they have in the US and Canada with multiple levels allowing for service and freight on the lower deck. Presumably the upper class each have their own luxury carriage/living accommodation so I don't understand how that works when they have to pass through each other's carriages to go anywhere, especially as we saw a dining care in this first episode. I can only assume they don't have a literal full carriage and there are passageways and corridors that run down the length of each carriage.

I am confident it will all be explained in a plausible way. They have shown us the lower deck transportation and already shown us how intricate and detailed the balance of the ecosystem is with regardless to agriculture so it shows us they are aware they need to justify and explain how things work and not just come up with 1001 different novelty carriages to make it look good. I also like how they are not just regurgitating the film story and are finding new ways over developing the theme which in turn gives us an opportunity to explore the world.

I am cautiously optimistic.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote