View Single Post
Old 14-02-2018, 09:06   #138
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Talking Pictures in trouble again for broadcasting words offensive to black peopl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Oh come on Hugh, you know what we mean.
Nobody is suggesting it should be ignored, but the more something is shouted from the rooftops the more it becomes just background 'noise' that has little impact.

Years ago there were things in the news that made me sit up and take notice, now those same things have become so commonplace that it has lost the 'shock/horror' effect. If you hear something long enough it simply becomes background noise.

oh, and if I was a sportsman earning (a minimum) 20K+ a week and people in the crowd called me names, I'd laugh and thank them for contributing to my wages
Quite right, Carth. About 15 years ago, I was shocked to hear the 'F' word used in some American series, but now it's used so much, it has lost its shock value. Hell, it may even become mainstream in another couple of decades, and no longer regarded as a swear word.

People need to be less sensitive to the use of words. An insult or threat is unpleasant whether you use those words or not, but to use such words casually in a sentence without deliberately demeaning someone likely to hear it is not worth getting in a state about.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote