View Single Post
Old 19-02-2008, 23:23   #125
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Ad Deal [Updated: See Post No. 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
To clarify this on how I understand the system - They cannot just replace ads on a website that hasn't joined the OIX (Open Internet Exchange) They cannot start to take web advertising space off someone elses ad space, such a move is illegal and we shall consider legal proceedings if anyone attempts to steal advertising space on this website without the website owners consent.
OK, so what you are saying then is that adverts served up on those company sites that have joined Phorm will be based on browsing experience.

So for example, if I went to the VM portal, and say clicked on a link to Churchill Insurance (OH YES), then I visited the BT portal, I could expect to have adverts for similar services pushed at me?

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Nice one just installed it. Will also lockout IE on all the pc's in my house and allow firefox only from now on.

Will also block Virginmedia's website via my router.
Its a good little addon, and updates regularly, VERY regularly.