View Single Post
Old 19-02-2008, 22:13   #122
Toto
Inactive

Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Toto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appealToto has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Ad Deal [Updated: See Post No. 77 & 102]

OK, this gets better, you have to love this little snippit from their AIM proposal.

Quote:
The PageSense Javascript application can be embedded into web pages, where it analyses their
content and communicates this information to the Company’s servers. In this way, a profile of an
individual consumer’s browsing habits can be compiled anonymously, which enables advertising
to be targeted where it will have the most impact. PageSense Javascript can be embedded by a
variety of partners, such as Internet Service Providers, serving pages to those connecting to the
internet through them, web publishers showing content to their user bases, or wireless networks.
The Directors expect to enter into the first such partnership arrangement in the first quarter of
All I can say is this, thank goodness for the NoScript plugin for Firefox.

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
What sites i visit is my personal information and not that of a third party paying VirginMedia for the ability to place adverts relating to that information.

That is the PERSONAL information i am talking about. I do on line banking, Pay by credit card online. I do not want ANY information what so ever being passed on by Virgin to some third party so Virgin make a swift buck.

Virgin have stepped over the bloody line this time big time.
Yes, I wasn't having a pop, I just wanted to clarify what you meant by personal information.