View Single Post
Old 17-09-2020, 12:34   #12
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Weak Indoor Mobile Signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yes, I get that - I’m just saying you need to weigh the annoyance against the unfortunate truth that fixing it will cost you money. It’s a pity Virgin doesn’t support Wi-fi calling on your handset as that was your only free-of-charge option ... failing that it’s either a 4g signal relay, a new handset, or a SIM from a different service provider with better local coverage. All of which costs, which is annoying. So really you just have to decide which is less annoying.
Thanks, Chris. I guess I will have to wait until Virgin adds support for the S8 and hope it's before I need to upgrade my mobile due to old age (the phone, not me - although I am not in the spring chicken category).

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
And here's the Vodafone version of the instructions for the S8

https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/...ing-on-or-off/
Quote:
Here's how to find WiFi calling on the S9, I expect the S8 to be roughly the same.

https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/...ing-on-or-off/
Thanks, both, but Android 9 on the S8 is not similar to either. Incidentally, Hugh, I could not click through on the link you posted.

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

Curious development. I was out earlier today and used 4G. Now, back home and upstairs - the only place I can get any signal indoors, and only one bar at that - 4G is not available, only 3G.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote