View Single Post
Old 28-03-2022, 14:08   #43
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Oscar nominations 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
yup, Apple seem to have a very unique eye or vision for tv, very analogous to what HBO used to be. Everything Apple make or stream exudes quality and is a cut above the rest. CODA is the first film of theirs I have seen (I know they didn't make it) but you look at series like For All Mankind, See and Foundation and they are just superb. You come away from them with the impression that every single person involved is 110% invested it, it is more than just a job to them, they want it to be perfect and anything less than that isn't good enough.
Agreed. They aren’t interested in making filler so far as I’ve seen to date. Not all of it is to my taste but it’s clearly all very carefully made. Plus, they’re committed to multi-national talent, so we’re treated to the excellent work of film makers and actors from all over the world, who we might not otherwise have got to know. They also seem to trust the people they commission. The likes of Ted Lasso, for example, could have been a train wreck if those in California doing the commissioning had decided they knew best. But they have clearly allowed their American star to be cast adrift in a British sit-com world, rather than an American parody of one.

(And, though we only watched the first ep for nostaligia’s sake, their re-boot of Fraggle Rock is superb. Lovingly and respectfully done, making good use of advances in TV making without changing stuff just because they could).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote