View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 23:56   #217
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
They will launch with these prices, how can they charge this when sky q boxes are free
They're not free. They charge a "set up" fee, aka Sky bloke comes round to your house and plugs the new box in.... hardly difficult, so Sky are charging for the box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post

Well I can't justify £200 to rent a box, you say it's not a lot of money but if sky q can do it for free then so should virgin
If the box somehow enabled me to watch services on four tvs at the same time (fat chance, I know) then I think the cost is reasonable. But to stream to 4 phones/ipads is costly. It just depends what the capabilities are.

Regardless, like you, I can't afford the £200 either. There was a time in the dial-up days that my phone bills ran up to £200+ per month. The days when I could spend money like water are long gone, but many do have the cash.

Last edited by Horizon; 12-08-2016 at 00:01.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote