Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 22-01-2019, 05:35   #6740
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
The fact that not everyone born here isn't a net contributor isn't relevant with regards to immigrants coming here and doing the same thing!
It’s exactly the same. That’s the way taxation and public spending work.

Quote:
I think the main resentment is that people see some immigrants as coming here and taking away resources; by definition they will be foreign, but that isn't the problem, it's them moving over here that is.
Which isn’t evidence based.

Quote:
I think that UKIP & Leave gained a lot of votes due to this. These voters aren't the types that would ever consider voting for the BNP etc as they don't consider themselves as racist, but have had enough of unfettered immigration.

Your last point has some merit as both have contributed to overstretching public services.
I agree racism and xenophobia get out the vote for UKIP and Vote Leave. I also agree many racists lack the self awareness to realise they are racist.

“I’m not a racist, but...”, as they say.