View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 19:26   #77
Morden
Inactive

Services: Cable, Freeview DVD recorder, telephone L, BB L, TV xl, V+
Morden will become famous soon enoughMorden will become famous soon enoughMorden will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I used to be happy with customer service, when it was Telewest. When Virgin 1st took over it seemed ok as well.

But after my experience tonight, I think I'll have to revise that. They have put calls offshore now for 1st line and I spent most of the time repeating the problem and even explaining what V+ was to the person. I have used other companies who are offshore, but had a better experience than this.

My V+ has lost the series link, but recordings are still able to be viewed through the a-z link. I also had another issue with drop outs and random reboots after a menu freeze when recording.

It took over 5 mins for the CS person to get that I can no longer view by series. After spending about 15-20 mins on a call (which would normally be 5 mins total), they said they would have to refer this to another department and that this would take up to 5 days for them to get back to me.

That is a far worse service than we used to get under Telewest, I found most stuff was resolved by remote access to the box and if this was not possible they would book an engineer there and then.

I used to think Virgin had excellent customer service, but this example certainly spoils that view.
Is it just that the company is too much for them to sort out and this is caused by the merger with NTL or is it to save money by moving customer service offshore and not bother about what the customer thinks ?

Any chance of doing another poll with the option were you happier with customer service before they changed it to offshore ?
Morden is offline   Reply With Quote