View Single Post
Old 13-08-2017, 17:48   #3592
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
But is this not the great wise old sage who is only interested in subscribing to individual streaming services so he says as he believes that to be the only future ahead of us because he believes Pay-TV as we know it is dead in the water?.
I think you have interpreted me incorrectly there, Den.

Realising that our conventional broadcast channels will not survive in the long term, I have been banking on VM giving us as many channels and OTT streaming services as possible on their set top box. A kind of combination of the traditional cable pay tv channels that will be required in the interim, and a Roku style streaming channel selection sporting all the options available in the UK.

That is my vision, and it would be good from the point of view of my own system of viewing, if I could bookmark shows from all the major streaming services and have them showing on 'My Shows', thereby keeping track of where I am with all the series that I am following.

My needs are simple, but it seems that there are no content providers willing to give me what I want for the time being. I'm beginning to understand why so many VM employees are disillusioned with their parent company, Liberty Global, because VM seemed to interpret Malone's thinking accurately. If this is an example of their decision making, I'm completely underwhelmed.

I hope desperately that they have a re-think on this. What a miserable day this has turned out to be.

However, Den, this does not change anything as far as subscriptions to streaming services is concerned, so don't get the wrong idea of what I am saying here.