Thread: ntl: Q4 Results
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2005, 19:27   #33
scrotnig
cf.mega poster

scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
scrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appealscrotnig has a bronzed appeal
Re: ntl: Q4 Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardr
ntl have still lost almost half a billion pounds in the last year, and are losing gradually telephony and TV customers.

The saving grace is the broadband service, at least as far as customer numbers are concerned.
Given the tough conditions in the Telecomms/TV/Internet markets, and the increasingly levels of competition, those results are bloody brilliant, and are a tribute to what is slowly looking like better management.

The call centre consolidation is now starting to bear fruit...note the number of people recently who said they got through quickly to customer services, and at a busy time too (speed increases).

The company are slowly losing less and less money. In due course this will turn into profit. The services are getting better and better, upgrade work actually takes place now, and customer numbers are increasing rapidly.

Churn is falling overall, but remember they just sacked all the retentions staff and set up a new department in Teesside and Coventry, this has barely been running three months and will take time to bed in and achieve results.

Plus they are getting shot of the scrotes who won't pay their bills. Bravo!

As I said, it's a fantastic set of results overall and I was pleasantly surprised as I expected them to be worse.