Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 30-06-2021, 11:46   #6120
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Not interested in testing, not interested in foreign holidays, not interested in the guesswork predicting a 3rd, 4th, 5th wave.

I just want to know when my wife & daughter can bugger off back to working in an office.

Both work for the local council and have been working from home since March 2020 . . and it's doing my damn head in
Council are saving money with empty offices, we're obviously using more gas/electric/water while they're at home.
Both use laptops & phones constantly talking to other workers & 'clients', any supposed 'confidentiality' is out of the window, I'm now well versed in the financial packages on offer, who to contact if Mr X needs an orthopedic bed, the different rates paid to 3rd party care service providers, and lots of other stuff that I really shouldn't be hearing.

There are also jobs I can't do around the house because of the disruption it would cause to their work . . anything that entails the power off is a no-no, as is anything that would make too much noise & mess.

Apart from that . . am I eligible for Business Internet, and is it cheaper than what I currently have
AFAIK, you can claim tax relief on the extra costs. Also, why not have fun and tackle the Council on some form of reimbursement?

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You may wish to look up "passive-aggressive"…

HMG’s caution is probably because of the unknowns around the Delta Variant - Governments all around the world are re-imposing mask mandates and other restrictions, so HMG are not being outliers in their behaviour.
Ooh - another potshot.

Interesting though about the "unknowns". I believe, and am obviously open to challenge, that the KNOWNS bear on decisions. The Guvmin is always trotting out that they know that the vaccine works because the figures show that. But they don't use the figures to justify their "abundance of caution" because they put too litte trust in the figures that they say they are guided by (to end on a preposition).

My advice is at your risk.