View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 10:13   #350
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I think that you are incorrect about the legacy PVR's and that the only boxes now officially in use on the VM platform are the TiVo, V6 and now the TV360. Happy to be corrected if i'm wrong, but I believe that all channels were removed from the legacy boxes apart from channels 1-5 in a last ditch effort to push people to swap over. Maybe some people still have them with these few channels and are paying for them! I really don't know.
Again you are speculating, you are indeed incorrect.

Not sure what you mean by "channels were removed" as the broadcast TV platform is exactly the same as it was when it was deployed in 2007. The type of box is the only difference, nothing to do with the broadcast TV network.

I can confirm that older boxes are still active on the network as I'm currently staring at a live TV Drive box as well as checking the inventory list on the network confirms a lot of active devices across all three network areas in the UK.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote