View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 12:49   #60
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Contactless cards and the future of cash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Mobile and watch payments need to have another form of activation though in order for them to work even for within the contactless limit.

For Apple you have to wake your watch or do biometric ID on the phone. Android devices and watches need something similar most of the time (though sometimes it's as simple as making the phone is 'awake')

It's why you can now do higher transactions with two forms of verification from the PCI guidlines which are:

'Something you know, such as a password or passphrase. Something you have, such as a token device or smartcard. Something you are, such as a biometric.'

My bank Natwest have recently allowed me to manage contactless (along with other payment methods) on my debit card. This now matches the app-based card providers.

I'm hoping the next stage on this will be to allow me to set my own contactless limit below the default if I want to.
Yeah, I use my phone now for payments rather than card now as I need to open my (Android) phone with a fingerprint. Definitely feels more secure than just tapping a card...
jonbxx is offline   Reply With Quote