Thread: Tivo V6 Free V6 box
View Single Post
Old 25-01-2018, 13:02   #44
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: Free V6 box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Agreed, however there could be technical issues - are the recordings stored in the same format on V6 boxes compared with legacy boxes?
Possibly - but this is the biggest hurdle I have. I've never quite agreed with the idea of the V6 sharing my home broadband, much prefer the idea of the box having dedicated connections.

But inability to transfer recordings when we don't watch some programs until well beyond 3/4 weeks after broadcast..that's my issue. I know you can rely on OD services upto a point, but it's still a pain when I'm pretty happy with my 1Tb box in the grand scheme.

I know one day probably within 18months I'll changeover, but I find my Tivo performs perfectly well and "if it ain't broke"...
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote