View Single Post
Old 14-03-2008, 14:26   #1214
Griffin
Inactive

Griffin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedee View Post
By definition, if VM decide to go purely for an opt-out then it's not worth having as they'll still be hijacking your clickstream ("but honestly we're not peeking!").

Should that happen, I'll be joining the queue to dump cable and getting a BT phone line installed to enable ADSL2+.
And BT (Wholesale) don't offer anything like VM's 30-day guarantee on new installs -- I'll be committed for 18 months (half-price installation) no matter how VM might adjust their position after they've brought it in.

VM have had several weeks to consider the grassroots reaction to Phorm and have done (virtually) nothing. My guess is that either they don't value our privacy or the potential extra income from the targeted adverts is worth more than our subscriptions.
Well if everyone leaves who is against this Then VM are stupid to ignore the general feeling of their customers. Less customers will lead to less revenue from targeted ads, i will also be leaving if they implement this infringement on privacy. I also have a BT line already here that just needs the switch flicking, so mine is not an empty threat as i don't have to worry about a line installation