View Single Post
Old 13-03-2008, 22:15   #1201
OF1975
Inactive

OF1975 will become famous soon enoughOF1975 will become famous soon enoughOF1975 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman View Post
EY Report Page 2 Point II
Phorm has established industry-leading standards regarding storage, retention and deletion of data.
Blah Blah however,
  • This specific data cannot be accessed by our ISP partners.
  • Even this non-personally -identifiable information is automatically purged from the production system immediately (research and debug logs may be kept on a separate system for a maximum of 14 days).
  • Once the system purges this data, it is not possible for us to release it, either accidentally or deliverately.
Blah, Blah
Sincerely

Kent Ertugrul
CEO
Phorm, Inc.
Thanks for that SMharman. I havent made the time to read the Ernst and Young report yet. Not sure that I like the sounds of this though. I am dead set against phorm but I am on a low income and cant afford to change ISP (No BT line and no other options without one) but if VM do make this opt-out rather than opt-in I will downgrade my services to the lowest tier in protest. At least then they WILL be losing money.

As per the 14 day logs for research and debugging, I arent quite sure what to make of that. The AOL debacle last year showed that so called "anonymising" does not work and I guess it largely depends exactly how they define this "research." Personally I dont trust Phorm one iota. What I would like to say to the CEO of Phorm isnt polite enough for this forum.