Thread: General Do the VM cabs have a UPS?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 21:35   #15
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: Do the VM cabs have a UPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
I wonder if this has changed with newer cabs? I'm in a new build estate and we've had loads of power cuts due to the builders cutting through various cables.

I got a UPS after the first few outages, and the ones since either havent effected the virgin cab, or there is some sort of battery as i've not lost BB until my UPS has died
If you are in a full fibre area the chances are that the mains driven cabinets are located further away. In HFC areas, not only does the local fibre node require a mains supply, some of the intermediate cabinets do as well. I live 1Km away from my Fibre node & rely on 2 intermediate cabinets for mains. If the power at any of these locations fails I lose BB & TV even if the power is still on in the house.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote