Thread: 500M Global packet loss
View Single Post
Old 23-02-2021, 13:02   #1
Msh
cf.member

Msh is an unknown quantity at this point
Global packet loss

I have observed packet loss to all targets (including the first hop). Issues started on the 17th February at 12:54 and have continued at peak hours.

My mother is one street away from me and is also a Virgin Media customer.

Loss from my connection (chart per-target is stacked):

Loss from my mother’s connection:

Note there’s a perfect correlation between loss and time on both lines. I am also monitoring other people’s Virgin connection away from my area and they’re not experiencing this trouble.

There’s nothing in similar between our networks except for the fact they both run Telegraf.

Virgin Media have said there’s no fault in my area. I have data that disproves this.

In the past, I have also contacted Virgin about the serious loss to Cloudflare, but this is quite a lot more impactful as it’s global. Does anyone here know how to get this kind of issue taken seriously? I have called and had an engineer visiting shortly (which will inevitably lead nowhere, they did this before and the engineer left without doing anything except promising a call back that did not happen).

The person on the phone also did not provide a fault number which I would need to exit my contract, I believe, after 30 days? Does anyone also have information on this too?

Naturally, during these issues, my connection tests well below the speed guarantee.

Lastly, it goes without saying, the network is entirely cabled. No tests or data collection have been performed over WiFi.

Any tips for getting this properly looked into would be greatly appreciated.
Msh is offline   Reply With Quote