View Single Post
Old 14-12-2018, 20:43   #8837
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityfan247 View Post
You had to question the Eleven Sports business plan.

You have big hitters like Sky and BT and other players in the market like Premier Sports and Box Nation all fighting for subscribers.

Did ES not remember what happened to Setanta and others.

There is only so much ££ to go around . You have to be sure your product be attractive enough. Right now Premier League football rights is king and is the headline grabber for new subscribers.

Without that you are fighting for a tiny niche in the market. It's already expensive enough to get Sky Sports and BT Sports (they have PL footy). Premier Sports I suspect struggle and barely get enough subscribers to survive, Hopefully they too will come to their senses one day and seek a wholesale package on VM and Sky.

For ES to expect punters to find more cash for them was dreamland really. I like football but i wasnt going pay more on top of the ££ I already pay out just to watch La Liga or Seria A. I may watch them if I already had access through Sky or BT but not as an additional standalone package.

What also hurt them was not getting onto the TV platforms like VM Sky or BT.

Relying on streaming alone is just an extra hassle for most people. Most want their sport conveniently all in one place so they can watch on their big screen TV not to have to think about casting or chromecasts or fire sticks and the like.
This just about sums up the situation
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote