View Single Post
Old 20-12-2016, 19:03   #70
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Climate Change - record World temp. rises in Feb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You do know, don't you, that there is nowhere near those levels of unanimity amongst scientists. Many disagree but are afraid to speak out.

A meteorologist friend of mine questioned the global warming argument at his work some years ago, pointing out that there were other factors involved. He was warned off pursuing those arguments by a like minded senior professional who told him that if he valued his career he should stop arguing against it because there was a bandwagon going that could not be stopped, regardless of the facts.

I have also read of the threats and name calling that people who should know better have used against people who have challenged the global warming theory. Behaviour, I think, that smacks of the bully not having any answers to those challenging his aggression.
There is amongst Climate Scientists.

I may take into consideration what an Automotive Engineer says about buildings, but I'm more likely to give credence to a Structural or a Civil Engineer.

http://climatology.co.uk/climatology...y#.WFmCCIDfWfA
Quote:
Both climatology and meteorology are branches of physical science that deal with the weather. While they are related to one another in many ways, they aren’t the same thing. As the saying goes, the weather changes frequently, but the climate is relatively stable. That saying defines the major difference between the two sciences, which is basically one of time.

Climatology is the study of long-term trends in the Earth’s weather and also tends to focus on larger areas, such as continents or the entire globe. Meteorology, on the other hand, concerns itself with day-to-day weather events, weather prediction over the short term, and relatively small areas such as cities or regions.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 20-12-2016 at 19:13.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote