View Single Post
Old 18-10-2021, 22:21   #14
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: BBC Parliament Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Although I accept almost nobody would watch it and all sessions are available online I’d be intrigued to know how much it’d actually cost to relay it instead of playing that stupid promo that runs before 7pm.
I suspect the promo costs next to nothing because it’s being broadcast within a single multiplexed signal that’s carrying other channels at the same time. So even if the screen is blank the channel hasn’t really disappeared.

If it went out on a BBC TV channel the footage would most likely have to conform to more stringent audio and video standards. It would also require a live production team to ensure continuity and backup in case live streams are lost for any reason. None of that is cheap, though it would doubtless be cheaper than the BBC Scotland channel itself, which is another service nobody watches.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote