View Single Post
Old 18-10-2021, 14:03   #9
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era
Re: BBC Parliament Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Chris has it about right, it was a sly dig at the competition that's 'suddenly' appeared with your interest in 'all our yesterdays' regarding cable TV/Radio and any other odd (old) cable topics you can think of.

I guess everyone sometimes needs a new hobby, it seems you've found yours

oh, and no, I'm not trying to be horrible to you . . . you'd know if I was
What's so bad about starting a few topics about old channels and television nostalgia and I don't understand why it would cause you to make what I consdier to be unkind comments.

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Because you’ve spent the last week or so trying to start a multitude of discussions, and many of them are in areas that you might call traditional Mediaboy territory. None of which is necessarily a bad thing.

To the poll I responded “don’t care” - I actually think it’s a terrible idea but I just can’t get up the enthusiasm to be opinionated about it. Holyrood is an irrelevant, ultra-woke echo chamber most of the time and it has been known to go many months at a stretch without passing any primary legislation at all, except for the finance bill. Whatever it generates that might be of interest is already carried, sometimes live, on the main BBC Parliament channel and is adequately summarised on the evening news, especially on the BBC Scotland news programme, “The Nine”, which nobody in fact watches and should therefore give you some clue as to whether BBC Parliament Scotland would be a wise investment of licence fee payers’ money.
I've no idea d to whether I am straying into what you call "Mrediaboy territory" but I appreciate you saying that my topic discussions are not a bad thing. I just don't understand why it caused someone to be sarchastic, bordering on unkind.

---------- Post added at 14:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:00 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Not at all. Who the hell would want to watch something so insanely boring.
Probably more than you think.

I remember reading what during the major Brexit debates in Parliament, viewership of BBC Parliament was considerably higher than normal. There is an interest in what is said in our Parliaments and what is said and decided in Parliament affects all of our lives.
Rillington is offline   Reply With Quote