View Single Post
Old 13-04-2019, 19:21   #5123
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It's not really the point that you couldn't watch it all, I could never watch all of the content on 250 channels, but it's reducing the choice available and increasing the cost if the content someone would want to watch ends up across four or five different platforms.

If I go into work on Monday and someone raves about something they saw over the weekend I'll probably have access to it. In the future there's less chance.

"Oh, sorry, only three of the six streaming services I pay £30 a month for match up with your selection and I don't have that one."
That's not how it will work in practice, though. If you hear about a programme you particularly want to watch, you can dip into the service that provides it. There will not be any annual or 18 month contracts, so you can chop and change as much as you like.

Incidentally, I should also say that Britbox will give you a pretty comprehensive choice over multiple genres. Netflix is also getting into natural history programmes and documentaries to supplement its films and scripted dramas.