View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 15:33   #766
solitaire
Inactive

solitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the roughsolitaire is a jewel in the rough
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post
I left school in the 70's, me and a few mates, who left at the same time, all got a job at the same place. After so long I got bored and started another job right away, I got bored several times until I was finally happy with the job I found. There seemed to be loads of jobs for the taking back then, it was great.

I wouldn't like to be a school leaver now, or anyone who's out of work for that matter. It must be so difficult to cope, especially when almost every bit of news in the media is about job cuts, benefit cuts, benefit scroungers, immigrants, mass immigration, immigration, immigration and even more immigration... it has to be the most talked about subject out there.

I can only see it getting worse, there will be rioting on the streets, people will have had enough, they will have nothing to lose, no job, no money and no hope. At least in prison it's warm, you get fed, fit and educated.

I'd say the government / powers that be, know exactly what they're doing, it's as if this is what they want, they want to destroy the country.

If you're going to vote in the future, then my advice is to spoil it by voting for none of the above. I honestly find it ridiculous that there are still hundreds of thousands of people out there that will vote for the same dishonest, corrupt parties. They are laughing at us! Even UKIP, they'll all stab you in the back, and I guarantee you that whoever you vote in, you'll be calling for them to resign within a year, and all they will do is point the finger and blame the previous lot of scoundrels... Oh yeah, and the poor, working class and the disabled will carry on paying the price.

Things need to change, but I can only see a change for the better happening by the situation getting worse, ie even more suffering.
Some very good points raised there, but I'm of the opinion that if you don't vote you can't really complain about things.
solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote