View Single Post
Old 30-04-2006, 02:56   #1
Mauldor
Inactive

Services: 50mbit, Base TV, Base Phone
Mauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of light
Any ADSL Offer this???

In my Travels for an ADSL Providor, I cannot seem to find the right one that offers what I need - wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction..

What I do not need or care about
Email - Currently have 2500 With my WebHoster
Web Space - As above as I already have 15gig and 400Gig Bandwidth month.
Speed - as my exchange (Scunny) has no Un-Bundling of any ISP - max I can get it 'upto' 8mbit anyhow.

What I would like
Included half decent News Groups server - even if retention is low (ala NTL). BT for example have NO Binary Newgroups.

Caps and restrictions
It seems most have a cap, this I have no issues with as long as they include a time when there is no Counting (such as 12am - 8am) - then at least I can grab what I might need overnight.

Traffic Shaping - I read about Freedom 2 Surf and how they Shape 24/7 - though they claim this is not the case. I have a friend on them and news downloading for example is def shaped even though the night...

Support
I expect of course for the line to go down/have problems - after al this is the real world etc. I would expect for example the ISP to have a page that shows me the REAL problems not an odd couple. Support also needs to be half decent, just becuase I have a router does not mean its all my fault etc..

So what you think?? does such a beast exist? I am NOT a Heavy Downloader, I do not use P2P ever (and never will), Upload speed I would like to be faster as possible, downlaod speed not really bothered..
Mauldor is offline   Reply With Quote