View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 19:54   #2315
CaptJamieHunter
Inactive

CaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enoughCaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enoughCaptJamieHunter will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex @ Phorm View Post
Hi. It's Alex @ Phorm

The ICO has posted its latest statement on Phorm, which includes the following:

"They assure us that their system does not allow the retention of individual profiles of sites visited and adverts presented, and that they hold no personally identifiable information on web users. Indeed, Phorm assert that their system has been designed specifically to allow the appropriate targeting of adverts whilst rigorously protecting the privacy of web users."

The full statement is here: http://www.ico.gov.uk/about_us/news_..._releases.aspx
It's the same old Phorm led song and we still haven't had clear, honest answers to prove beyond doubt that the supposedly anonymised data cannot ever be turned into identifiable data.

It's what isn't said that glares out at me. The complete lack of addressing the two IMO illegal secret trials that BT undertook. The ICO is in a position to launch an investigation with its own experts yet fails to do so.

I'm on the verge of quoting Bill Hicks again so I'd better go for another cup of tea...