View Single Post
Old 19-06-2019, 10:51   #1049
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I am not missing that fact, jfman, I have already stated that streaming services could give broadcast rights to TV providers and even to other streaming services.

However, that does not appear to be what is happening. We are already seeing Disney take back their shows from Netflix, for example. What makes you think they will renew their contracts with Sky and others when they run out?

The money will be made from the new subscription services, as I said before, and those that provide an advertisement option will also make money from those commercials.

---------- Post added at 07:37 ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 ----------

Sky already has access to Comcast shows, but that isn't sufficient to substitute for the tribe that is shown on the existing Sky channels. Subscriber growth will only be enjoyed if Sky is able to demonstrate quality as well as quantity against the vast choice available from the streamers.
Ah the straw man again. Why would Disney keep its content on Sky? I didn’t say that it would. My point, as ever, is that Comcast are well placed to adapt.

Sky has access to Comcast content, what’s to make you think if Sky in the UK are “doubling” investment the same isn’t replicated elsewhere?

I like that Sky have to demonstrate quality and quantity but streamers do not, they obviously automatically do by virtue of their distribution method.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote