View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 19:36   #27
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview channel renumbering and hours changes

Sony rebrands that do away with the True brand, among others, happen on September 10th I think.

Sony closed True Crime and +1 on 27th/28th of July I think, but on Freeview they were put temporarily off air rather than properly closed to keep the numbers active. Freeview rules allow this to happen for 12 weeks before they lose their numbers. So True Crime and +1 have until the end of September to "resume".

Sony are clearly working the system again. The lengths they went to with Movie Mix before it became Sony Movie Channel are a good example of the convoluted lengths they are willing to go to.

I reckon Sony will sell the True brand and it's assets (its two remaining True channels) after the rebrand on the 10th and then the new owners will have a couple of weeks to utilise the numbers. Given this is the only way to monetise the Freeview EPG numbers. Whether this is done in tandem with a purchase of the two free slots from Arqiva is just another complication. They may go to different homes. There's a lot of potential candidates, that's for sure, with many of those channels on the temporary multiplexes looking for a permanent home, many of who also happen to be in worse channel numbers than True Crime and its +1.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 07-08-2019 at 19:40.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote