View Single Post
Old 30-11-2019, 19:00   #25
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Millions to be affected by NHS plan to ration 34 everyday tests and treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
And this is on top of the recent cutbacks of medication available on prescription. I now have to buy two of my medications myself.

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:13 ----------

Isn't the NHS now primarily run by GP's? The same GP's who I am led to believe start on £1,000 a week, rising to at least £2,000 a week with many earning much more.

Yes, they do an essential job and have studied/worked hard to get where they are, but it sticks in my throat a bit to have these people on this sort of money telling me (and those much less able to afford it) that due to austerity they now have to purchase some of their own medicine.

I suspect them taking a 1% pay cut (small change to them after paying less tax/NI) would negate the need for these further cuts, but that's not going to happen is it.
To have that sort of income, they must have an overload of patients on their books per GP, which also means longer hours to get through the workload. GP income covers all the outgoings of a practice as well.

Only 10% of the population of England actually have to pay for prescriptions, maybe this needs looking at, particularly where cheap OTC medicines are concerned.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote