View Single Post
Old 30-11-2019, 18:33   #21
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Millions to be affected by NHS plan to ration 34 everyday tests and treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
And this is on top of the recent cutbacks of medication available on prescription. I now have to buy two of my medications myself.

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:13 ----------

Isn't the NHS now primarily run by GP's? The same GP's who I am led to believe start on £1,000 a week, rising to at least £2,000 a week with many earning much more.

Yes, they do an essential job and have studied/worked hard to get where they are, but it sticks in my throat a bit to have these people on this sort of money telling me (and those much less able to afford it) that due to austerity they now have to purchase some of their own medicine.

I suspect them taking a 1% pay cut (small change to them after paying less tax/NI) would negate the need for these further cuts, but that's not going to happen is it.
Dcotors work very hard Richard and most have huge workloads as don't think its a bed of roses being a GP as it is far from that.

On the possible plans to ration services these are made by quite a few NHS bodies.

Quote:
The 50-page document is the result of months of detailed and until now secret discussions between four key medical and NHS bodies involved in the NHS’s evidence-based interventions programme, which aims to identify procedures that do not work.

Quote:
They are NHS England; the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges (AOMRC), which represents the UK’s 220,000 doctors professionally; NHS Clinical Commissioners, which speaks for GP-led clinical commissioning groups; and the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (Nice), which advises the government and NHS which treatments are effective and represent value for money.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/...and-treatments