View Single Post
Old 30-11-2019, 15:53   #18
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Millions to be affected by NHS plan to ration 34 everyday tests and treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
If it was all about tax cuts and revenues, how come it was going on under Labour when they very good revenues and were borrowing massively on top of that?

The example I gave was simply one that I knew of from years back, The others may also have similar studies backing up these decisions.

The problem wasn't tax revenues, it was the various spending splurges, eg tax credit system. Local Housing Allowance(housing benefit).
And equally they may not. I’d prefer to hear from medical professionals and not armchair Conservatives.

Various spending not supported by tax revenue is exactly what I’m describing. The decision of what to, or not to, fund. Tax credits to support employers paying low wages and housing benefit to support the rental housing market are equally things I disagree with and part of the deception by politicians for 40 years that have left us £2 trillion in debt despite the windfalls of privatisation. New Labour are just as complicit as the Conservatives in this sleight of hand.

A fair living wage and building council houses is a much better approach.

Last edited by jfman; 30-11-2019 at 16:25.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote