View Single Post
Old 30-11-2019, 15:44   #17
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Millions to be affected by NHS plan to ration 34 everyday tests and treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It’s everything to do with tax cuts. The decisions of what we do (and don’t) fund are a direct result of tax revenues.

You appear to be clouding the matter by bringing in a separate matter on a point people would universally agree: there’s no point funding treatment doesn’t work. That’s of course different from the wider issue.

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

“It’s not what people want” is a curious interpretation. You’re assuming people are well informed, and that politicians strive to inform them appropriately.

As I’ve pointed out before - after 40 years of the neo-liberal consensus we are £2 trillion in debt. Politicians were happy to peddle the low tax myth without spelling out to people that it wasn’t sustainable. People were happy to vote for it. Future generations will foot the bill.
If it was all about tax cuts and revenues, how come it was going on under Labour when they very good revenues and were borrowing massively on top of that?

The example I gave was simply one that I knew of from years back, The others may also have similar studies backing up these decisions.

The problem wasn't tax revenues, it was the various spending splurges, eg tax credit system. Local Housing Allowance(housing benefit).
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote