Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2018, 11:27   #424
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I think in the longer run, moving it to Sunday will prove to have been very good for ratings, especially as it’s bookended by Countryfile and the Strictly results.
I think over the last 20 years or so, Saturday TV has changed.. When I was a kid (and even up to the late 90s, when I definitely wasn't a kid), Saturday morning TV was kids TV. Some sort of two or three hour show with several presenters, with guests (who were usually current pop starts, or actors from TV shows/films), loads of kids, the odd game, cartoons or other kids TV shows, and music. Going Live, Live and Kicking, Tiswas, CDUK etc. Then , come the afternoon, it was sport, sport and more sport (or old films, old films and more old films if you watched BBC2 or Channel 4) . I was usually out by this time, so didn't bother watching TV. Then, come the evening (and night), we got some light entertainment family shows (such as Noel's House Party) or game shows, followed by more game shows, then a big (usually expensive) drama or sitcom.

Now, all Saturday seems to consist of is cooking shows in the morning (which essentially take the same form as the kids shows of the past, but replace all the games and cartoons with bits about cooking), "talent" shows in the evening, and any generic crap they find in the cupboard between the two.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote