View Single Post
Old 21-10-2017, 20:51   #29
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Are VM frontline staff now discouraged from escalating customer issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Thanks for adding some more insight from a management perspective; much appreciated.

Research has found that customers often feel better if something is reaffirmed by someone in higher authority, even if the answer is exactly the same.

Can I ask if you would find it acceptable to find your staff tutting, sighing or refusing to escelate any issue to yourself at the insistence of the caller?
It was a face to face environment but in my experience while not absolutely refusing to escalate matters it was certainly not the case that "I want to speak to a manager" led to member of staff coming to get me to deal with it.

My organisation appropriately trains it's staff to deal with enquiries and complaints. In the first instance staff would be encouraged to explain the situation and why a manager isn't going to change that.

While it make people "feel better" that I tell them instead of a subordinate I bring you back to my previous point about adequate use of time and resource. If everyone who asked to speak to a manager was handed to me I'd have got literally nothing else done.

I do however think that it's amateurish in a call centre that, no matter how much disdain you hold for the person on the other end of the phone, you cannot conceal it given you are only heard on a crackly telephone line.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote