View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 15:04   #4100
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We went up the hospital later this morning to see our friend and sadly he is in a lot of pain as the supposed palliative care pain relief that was supposed to arrive early in the morning arrived 6 hours late.
Sorry I have just reread your post den and never read it right so I just assumed your friend was at home under palliative care the same scheme as my Mum and that is why I posted about my Mum having this medicine at home. My Mum has what is called a just in case box and it exactly that just in case my Mum needs further pain management and I must it admit it gives us peace of mind as it was explained that often out of hours GPs have no access to palliative care medicines so this way my Mum has this medicine just in case further pain management is needed.

If I were your friends relatives I think I would be emailing The Patient Affairs Manager at the hospital and bringing what happened to there attention and what reassurances can they give that this will never happen again as this was extremely distressing for all involved and that under no circumstances should ever have been allowed to happen to anyone and especially someone under palliative care.