Thread: New Computer
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 21:34   #33
beaker17
If it moves, shoot it

Services: Virgin Media Tivo Kahuna Big Bundle, phone and Broadband.
beaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the roughbeaker17 is a jewel in the rough
Re: New Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
I forget if shub1 has gigabit ethernet ports if it does on the bundle that beaker is on, his wifi may 'look' nicer (not sure how an ethernet lead is unsightly but...) but it won't be as fast as a wired connection. So he's paying for a service and then restricting the performance and speed available for the sake of looking nice.

I don't get the obsession with Wi-Fi on anything that isn't a phone or tablet personally, ho hum.
Thanks for that techguyone.
All major manufacturers enable a range of their desktops with WiFi and USB. They would not invest their time and money on a design concept that was of no use. Not everybody on Planet Earth wishes to have a USB cable snaking all over their lounge carpet.

I know it may hurt, but my Wifi desktop is performing impeccably in all respects. I am not restricting a single aspect of this superb set and reckon I have got top value for money and performance.
Looking nice ? It sure does, aesthetic magnificence.
beaker17 is offline   Reply With Quote