View Single Post
Old 26-09-2018, 16:10   #2
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Fitted tp-link Home Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublue View Post
So I can have a better wifi signal at the back of our house and in the garden. At the front of the house, it's ok via the shub. When I walk from the front of the house to the rear with my phone, I have to change the wifi settings from VM to TP link to get the stronger signal. This can't be right surely. When I look at known networks on my computer it comes up with VM 2&5G and TPlink 2&5G.
Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Not a dumb question, but essentially the TP-link homeplugs are creating their own wifi network, running off the Ethernet over powerline - essentially what you've done is add an access point into your wired network.
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote