View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 14:37   #5196
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
You might not sit through them but you may have no choice to see the key interesting content that you want to see. After all, you are the one telling us there’s virtually nothing worthwhile on linear television.

Netflix aren’t harvesting all the data on your household viewing habits just to make suggestions. The obvious step is targeted advertising on the platform.
I think they would soon change their minds if huge numbers abandoned a streaming service that started to ram commercials down our throats. A subscription option with no ads is the only service I would subscribe to.

As I said originally, there is no reason why an option to view free of charge (or at a lower cost) without adverts cannot be made available alongside the existing service.