Thread: Sky Hd
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2006, 15:28   #16
TheBlueRaja
cf.mega poster

Services: Initiations, rep rigging and orgies!
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
TheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny starTheBlueRaja has a nice shiny star
Re: Sky Hd

1080p is pointless at the moment anyway - nothing utilizes it - not HD-DVD, not Sky HD or telewest TVDrive, they are all 720p and/or 1080i.

Blu-Ray can do 1080P, but the sets will cost a mint and as there is nothing apart from Blu-Ray to make it mass market at the moment there isnt much point.

Anything thats 720P or 1080i is perfectly acceptable for the next 4 or 5 years at least.

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwn
No, I am referring to actual pixels. Most will take the 1080i signal, few will actually use every single pixel in re-representing the image.

Take a look here for a few typical actual resolutions they display.

Its a con, I know
Yeah your right, but its 1080 vertical lines only for 1080i, however most have 1024, what this means is that 58 lines of pixels will be missing from the picture 28 top and bottom.

Which is probably only about a cm of the picture.

Not really that much to worry about concidering if you have a "Widescreen" CRT your missing more than that at the edge with most.
TheBlueRaja is offline   Reply With Quote