View Single Post
Old 15-08-2008, 20:14   #14147
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
So you would class me as being one of these?
I don't know who or what you are, and I don't really care.

Quote:
Personally I don't give a dam about Alex and his street credibility.
Nor do I. I think Alex does though.

Quote:
I do care about someone effectively spying on myself and others in my family.
A point I didn't raise in my post, so not really relevant in your reply to me.

Quote:
I take exception that someone in your shoes can say what you have just said without recourse. I hope you get the recognition that you are so blatantly after.
All of the team on this site are free to comment in any thread. And we don't do it for recognition, most of us have been here far too long to give a fig what people think of us. Me included.

Quote:
In fact I will nominate your post for an Oscar, because to be quite honest, it's the biggest and most over critical response I have ever seen any moderator on here perform.
No, it's not overcritical, it's simply a response that runs contrary to the pack mentality in evidence throughout this thread. Freedom of speech, within the forum rules, means you take criticism as well as dishing it out. Something a lot of posters in here need to bear in mind.

Quote:
And to think we get told off for baiting people.
Yes, baiters get told off. And the moderators are moderators because they have proved that they can tell what's baiting and what's reasonable expression of an unpopular opinion.

Quote:
The Policeman could have at least attempted to verify who Alex was, it's not as if Alex didn't include his phone number with the report, and afterall, the Police have CLI
Actually the issue of 'who Alex was' didn't really come in to that conversation until after Alex's rather patronizing insistence that the copper doesn't understand RIPA. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but if you want to form a productive relationship with someone, you don't go about it by implying they don't know their job. Nor do you do it by threatening to go running off to the Press. That is the precise moment when the DS got hostile, and frankly with good reason. Prior to that, I reject Alex's analysis that the DS was 'hostile'. He wasn't. He was circumspect, professional and guarded, given that he had no idea who he was talking to, and no way of performing adequate background checks during the course of the conversation. There's more to it than simply knowing someone's phone number.

Quote:
All that Policeman achieved was make the CoL look stupid, and incompetent - He obviously hadn't read the report whatsoever.
In your opinion.

Quote:
That's of course if I am allowed to have an opinion,
Yes, you are.

Quote:
and not be classed (in your eyes) as an Alex's backside licker.
Your words, not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
What is disgraceful is a moderator posting a provocative thread knowing full well that Alex will not be around for 10 hours and will not be able to defend himself.
You appear to have formed the impression that there's a rule on this forum that you don't reply to someone if they're not online to reply to you.

You need to know that you are wrong about that.

Quote:
"grotty little blog"

Bad show indeed. Grow up man.
My opinion. Get over it.