View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 01:05   #13465
philj
Inactive

philj will become famous soon enoughphilj will become famous soon enoughphilj will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Terms and Copyright © 2007 PPI

All of the online and telephone audio content provided by us is protected by English and International copyright laws and that copyright is owned or controlled by us. Unless otherwise stated, we reserve all rights in that copyright. This means, for example, that you may not copy, issue copies to the public, perform, show, broadcast or make any adaptation of any of that content without our permission. All copyrights, trademarks, patents, design rights, and other intellectual property rights relating to this website and telephone audio content (including, but not limited to, the underlying software, the design, graphics, layout, colour, feel, and structure of our websites, and the structure, information, charging mechanism and wording used in our telephone audio content) will be and remain the sole property of us. You may view, use, download, and store the material on this website and telephone lines for personal and research use only.

Commercial use is strictly prohibited. Redistributing, republishing, copying, adapting or otherwise making material on this website or telephone lines available to third parties is prohibited. Unauthorised use of our website or telephone audio material may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.

The information in this website and on the telephone lines is given in good faith and for general information and interest only. It is subject to change without notice. We make every effort to ensure that the information on our websites and telephone lines is correct but we cannot guarantee that it is 100% free of inaccuracies, errors and omissions.

taken from the UK Passports site where there is an online application form for passports. If thats not private data I dont know what is and notice how it may be a criminal offence.
2 Your rights and how we protect them

The Identity and Passport Service is committed to compliance with the Act. We hold a legal duty to do so. We will take every precaution to protect your information. The following principles will apply when we process your personal information:

* Your personal information is only processed with your knowledge;
* Only personal information that we actually need is collected and processed;
* Your personal information is only seen by those who need it to do their jobs;
* Your personal information is retained only for as long as it is required;
* Your personal information is accurate and is only used for the intended purpose;
* Decisions affecting you are made on the basis of reliable and up to date personal information;
* Your personal information is protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure;
* You will be provided with a copy of personal information we hold on you on request;
* There will be procedures in place for dealing promptly with any disputes.

All of these principles will apply whether we hold your personal information on paper or in electronic form.
I am going to ask them how thiey reconcile this with the deployment of Phorm

Phil

text of email sent to passport office

Sir,
Reproduced below are terms, copyright notices taken from your site. Also your stated policy regarding information held by yourselves.

I would be grateful if you could tell me how you will seek to reconcile your stated policy and protect this information you hold when and if PHORM is implemented by BT and Virginmedia. You state in the underlined section unauthorised copying or reproducing etc is prohibited but this is exactly what the Phorm system entails. If you take no action to protect this information you will in my opinion be condoning and participating in what has already been admitted,by BT themselves, to be an illegal act after their illegal interception of data transmissions in Sept/Oct 2006 and June 2007. Regardless of any opt in opt out procedure it is my understanding that data will still pass through this system making your assurances obsolete and worthless.

I would be grateful for your comments on this matter and correction where I am in error

Your sincerely