View Single Post
Old 17-06-2012, 00:00   #6
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
Re: Can T-mobile or Orange network phone use virgin sim card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth View Post
I remember it always used to be that a VM Sim would work in a T-Mobile locked phone - I doubt that the network sharing extends that to Orange, as an Orange Phone sharing is still Orange locked, and the VM sim is still based on the T-Mobile network.

And Carphonewarehouse phones might be unlocked, to simplify stock keeping. Network excusives, though, are likely to be locked, and at one time, I think it was said that Orange insisted on locked, or maybe that was 3.

My last was my SE C902, as a VM PAYG upgrade - if I had a non-VM sim handy, I'd try it... it's certainly unbranded. On my old phone, it may have been the branding tweaks that were screwing up some Java apps - never could get Google maps to run on my Sagem MY411C.
From what I remember, Virgin SIM cards work in T-Mobile locked handsets, however they do not with Orange locked handsets. This is because Orange is a roaming network; for example if you were in Spain, although you're on Orange, you can select Movistar as a network.
jtaylor06 is offline   Reply With Quote