View Single Post
Old 15-03-2019, 12:35   #679
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
If Amazon offered a lot more than the £4.6billion, I think the Premier League would seriously consider it, yes. Better to deal with one company, than dozens of them.

On UK rights, I would expect Amazon to play some trickery pokery with bundling, to mask the costs to the consumer in the same way that Sky etc do with their bundles.

---------- Post added at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

The tech companies have a lot of dosh, some of that no doubt would be spent on lobbying politicians. But I agree, its a hurdle for now.

They cannot obtain exclusive UK rights as already stated. Doesn't matter how much they pay it isn't allowed