View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 17:13   #28
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Hitron CGNV4 - Static IP and Modem Mode

Actually I just checked - I have two of these- one of one of the Linux based Drayteks (which does have a static route defined), and one of the DaryOS versions that you have here that doesn't have a static route. So suggest you try without the static route on the DrayOS version.

While it shouldn't make any difference, for completeness I would set the WAN subnet mask to 255.255.255.248 from the 255.255.255.0 you have. Though this shouldn't matter since the two addresses appear on the same subnet regardless.

So where I'd go next to diagnose this is can you try using the routers Ping option to ping the Hitron's LAN IP address (ie the same address that you defined as the gateway.

Also suggest connect another laptop to the Hitron and look under Security -> Device Filter - you should see an entry for the laptop you just connected and for the Draytek. Worth checking the Draytek can be seen by the Hitron. These should be listed in the 'Connected devices' section.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote