View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 17:05   #21
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Hitron CGNV4 - Static IP and Modem Mode

Hi John - happy to help if I can..... I have the exact same setup - thr 350 Mb/s business service with 5 static IP addresses. I also have a Draytek behind it performing the standard router based services - such as NAT, Access control/Firewall etc, VPN tunnels.

First question - which model Draytek are you using?

You are right the Hitron doesn't have modem mode when configured for static IP addressing. And while it's not in modem mode it's as close as you will get in this setup. In a multi-static mode it will perform no NAT function - your Draytek can do that for you.

In the LAN setup of the Hitron you will see several options are greyed out and configured as your static IP range - usually the first usable IP address in your range will be there.

You will also see a subnet mask of 255.255.255.248 if you have 5 static addresses.

Suggest configure a static WAN address on your Draytek and make it the very next IP address up from the one configured on the LAN of your Hitron.

And set a static default route on the Draytek to point to the LAN IP address of the Hitron.

No wait time needed - this should all take affect and work from the moment you correctly configure it.

Shout if I can help more....

Given it's the same setup I have I am sure we can get you up and running.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote