View Single Post
Old 23-02-2019, 15:42   #13
Mr_love_monkey
Inactive

Services: Sarcasm
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Mr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny starsMr_love_monkey has a pair of shiny stars
Re: DIY/lighting assistance.

Hue bulbs are so expensive - even when they are on special.

I have quite a few from my old house B22/E27 style - which now I can't use in my (not so) new house as it's all GU10 & GU5.3 all over the place...I'd like smart bulbs but we have so many of them that it's prohibitive to actually replace them with their smart counterparts.
In our downstairs hallway alone, there's 10 GU5.3 bulbs - Osram do a smart version @ £127 for 4... so that's the best part of £400 just for the hall way.
I've just done a count, I've got around 30 GU 5.3s in the house - so that would be over £900 just on the bulbs for them - it just makes it impracticable to do

I'm veering towards smart switches for the lights instead - I won't get the fine grained control over the lights, or be able to dim them, but I'll be able to have them on a schedule so they turn on/off when I'm not here, which is really what I want
Mr_love_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote