View Single Post
Old 24-11-2017, 22:14   #3444
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Does this change to central testing suggest that STV AD may be being made available to the whole VM network (this may help to support or disprove my speculation above).
No, it's the normal way of doing things. Code Download Test (Portsmouth) was also used in the early stages of STV2, KMTV Made for Kent etc. NGRHEE Bromley, TTA Bromley DMC (Bromley RHE) & Manchester TRIALS networks carry RTE One, RTE Two & TG4 but it's not an indication that those services will be made available to the whole network. It's just the way things are organised.

Quote:
Personally, if they can get away with it and it's free, I think that VM might as well offer STV to everyone as an alternative to ITV for the purposes of timeshifting or extra programming.
If STV allowed it, it would probably be the start of a big dispute between STV & ITV PLC.

Quote:
I sometimes watch BBC1 Wales for the local programming and find BBC1 NI useful at night during recording clashes as they often show programmes later than the English BBC1.
It's not a problem for the BBC, watching other regions doesn't have a potential impact on their income.