View Single Post
Old 24-11-2017, 10:06   #3436
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
STV are not that independent.

STV only broadcast up to 7 different programmes.

Weekdays:
STV News (Local news) in 4 areas (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee)
Scotland Tonight [STV's idea of Newsnight] with Local news in 4 areas (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee)
Aftermidnight (Best of STV2)*

Weekends:
STV News (Scottish news)*

*STV Wide (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee.)

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

STV +1 is STV Edinburgh.

We get it here at Media Boy HQ. (STV Glasgow area)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

Oh right, I thought that they'd have other local programmes too like the old style ITV regions used to. I remember a lot of people complaining when they stopped airing national ITV programmes in favour of content that STV thought more relevant to the local area (though IIRC this was as much to do with ITV saying that STV owed them money for their programming).

Thats not true, STV also show a lot of Scottish programmes and other programmes at different days/times to what is on ITV. I remember when STV stopped airing The Bill and putting on localised shows. Just recently there was a series about local/scottish history and one of the programmes last week was about the 1971 gas explosion in clarkston.

STV2 is the local channel now.

Last edited by Stephen; 24-11-2017 at 10:20.