Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2019, 08:19   #3669
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Just my opinion on this . .

You can have as much expert analysis, profiling, research, forecasts etc etc as you like, but it's the way the information is finally presented (and the 'keywords' used therein) at the target that sway the reader in many cases.

Interpretation/Presentation . . open to human fallibility

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I love it when people compare the Millennium Bug with Brexit (and then put "lol").

The MB was a real issue, just like Brexit, and there were a number of issues which if not identified and resolved, would have a severely adverse impact on every day life.

The difference between the MB and Brexit is that no one said about the MB "don’t worry, it’ll be fine, you’re worrying over nothing, just let it happen and we’ll sort it out later, you’re just scaremongering".

Ask anyone who worked in IT for the years leading up to Y2K about the amount of time, resources, and money that was put into identifying and fixing potential issues - the reason hardly anything went wrong is because we identified and resolved the problem, not denied there was a problem.

But I suppose all the "experts" who put the time and effort in didn’t know what they were talking about...